|A new job record can be entered at the same time you create a new person on the system. However, if you do not know the job details you can also add a new job record at a later stage. The steps below describe both processes.|
To create a job at the same time as creating the employee:
1. When creating a new person at the bottom of the page select Continue to Create Job.
2. Enter the relevant job information.
3. The Position Title is free text and therefore you can specify any new or existing jobs in this field.
4. The following fields are mandatory and must be completed before continuing:
5. The drop down options from the following fields can be edited by adding or removing items from the respective section under Settings. (See Settings guide for more information or contact your system administrator for additional help).
6. Once all necessary fields are completed, select Add Job.
7. Once a new job has been created, an onboarding workflow will be triggered. You can make any changes to timings of tasks, or skip altogether if necessary. It is important to ensure that the correct Work Type is submitted at this point, as there are unique onboarding workflows for different types of employment. EG contractors will receive a different onboarding workflow to permanent employees.
To add a job after the employee has been created
1. Navigate to People and untick Current Staff Only (if the employee does not have a current job they will not be found when searching current staff).
2. Search for the employee.
3. Select View.
4. Click on the Jobs tab.
5. Add New Job.
6. Complete steps 2, 3 and 4 from the steps above.