You can end a person’s job in the platform, which will apply an effective end date to all job attribute fields on that record. This end date will pull through to the org chart, analytics and people directory to no longer include this job record past the job’s end date. You will however be able to report back on this job record if you are looking at data before their end date.
To end a person's employment:
1. Navigate to the employee’s Jobs tab.
2. Select the Job Actions.
3. Select Finalise Company End Date.
4. Enter the Last day of Employment.
5. Optional: if you wish for the blue 'exiting soon' pill to appear on the employee's profile a set number of days before their end date check the box 'Show end date before job is ended' and select the set number of days prior to their exit you want this information to be discoverable to the business.
Note: Administrators who have the ability to see employee end dates will always be able to see the exiting soon pill. However, checking this box allows users who would not normally see employee end dates to have visibility of the fact this specific user is exiting soon.
6. Select Turnover Type (this information will be automatically pulled into your attrition analytics)
7. Select Turnover Reason (the information will also pull into your attrition analytics and the turnover reason list options can be amended in the Settings area)
- By default in Settings Disable user account when the job ends will be ticked; this indicates that at midnight on the job end date the user account will also be disabled preventing any individuals no longer employed by the business from accessing the platform. This option will only appear if the employee ending their employment has a user account.
- The ‘Leaving the Business’ will workflow will display. You can amend the dates, forms sent and recipients if necessary
8. To initiate an exit workflow, select Schedule or if you do not wish to schedule the tasks select Skip.
9. You will be prompted to Reassign Direct Reports at the end of the process. It is good practice to reassign the reports at this time so that this step is not missed, and employees are not left without a current supervisor. You can:
- Use the 'Reassign All To' to assign all direct reports to the same supervisor, or
- Individually reassign the reports to different supervisors.
10. Once you have completed finalising the employee workflow, if you are an administrator or a user viewing the profile within the set number of days you specified in step 5, the employee profile will be updated to reflect the "Exiting Staff" pill and a section displaying when their role is ending.