You can end a person’s job in the platform, which will apply an effective end date to all job attribute fields on that record. This end date will pull through to the org chart, analytics and people directory to no longer include this job record past the job’s end date. You will however be able to report back on this job record though if you are looking at data before their end date.
To end a person's employment:
1. Navigate to the employee’s Jobs tab.
2. Select the Action Menu.
3. Finalise End of Job.
4. Enter the end date.
- By default Disable user account when the job ends will be ticked; this indicates that on the job end date the user account will also be disabled preventing any individuals no longer employed by the business from accessing the platform. This option will only appear if the employee ending their employment has a user account.
- The ‘Leaving the Business’ will workflow will display. You can amend the dates, forms sent and recipients if necessary.
5. To initiate an exit workflow, select Schedule or if you do not wish to schedule the tasks select Skip.
6. You will be prompted to Reassign Direct Reports at the end of the process. It is good practice to reassign the reports at this time so that this step is not missed, and employees are not left without a current supervisor. You can:
- Use the 'Reassign All To' to assign all direct reports to the same supervisor, or
- Individually reassign the reports to different supervisors.