Job Attributes are individual fields for a person’s job that are captured separately over time, such as a job attribute ‘supervisor’ field, or a job attribute ‘business unit’ field. By breaking out a person’s job into these different attributes, you can start to report on the time periods a person may have spent in a particular business unit or reporting through to a certain supervisor.
To change the Job Attributes of an employee:
1. Navigate to People on the sidebar, search for the employee you wish to make changes to and select View next to their name. You will then be taken to their profile.
2. Select the Action Menu on the far right of the page >> Change Job Attributes.
3. Enter the effective date when this new data should take effect (this can be a date in the past or future).
4. Select the job attribute you wish to change (for example, Change Business Unit) by placing a tick in the box of that attribute. You are able to change multiple attributes at the same time to ensure that all data collection is consistent with the date of change.
5. Enter the new value.
6. Select Update.
7. The Changing Job workflow and associated tasks is automated so that you can schedule relevant emails and tasks related to the change. If not necessary at this time you can select Skip.
8. You will be asked if you wish to Reassign the Direct Reports; if not, select Skip.
9. On the employees Job tab select View and you will be able to check the change has been made and is displaying correctly.
Alert: To maintain historical job data we strongly advise that you select Actions >> Change job attributes when making amendments to job records.
This action ensures information that was previously correct is maintained and new information is added. If you choose to select Edit you will simply change the record and lose the previous information regarding the job.