Job Attributes are individual fields for a person’s job that are captured separately over time, such as a job attribute ‘supervisor’ field, or a job attribute ‘business unit’ field. By breaking out a person’s job into these different attributes, you can start to report on the time periods a person may have spent in a particular business unit or reporting through to a certain supervisor.
To change the Job Attributes of an employee:
1. Navigate to Profile of the employee you wish to make changes to and go to the Jobs tab.
2. Select Update Job.
3. Enter the effective date when this new data should take effect (this can be a date in the past or future).
4. Select the job attribute you wish to change (for example, Change Business Unit) by placing a tick in the box of that attribute. You are able to change multiple attributes at the same time to ensure that all data collection is consistent with the date of change.
5. Enter the new value.
6. Select Update.
7. The Changing Job workflow and associated tasks is automated so that you can schedule relevant emails and tasks related to the change. If not necessary at this time you can select Skip.
8. You will be asked if you wish to Reassign the Direct Reports; if not, select Skip.
9. On the employees Job tab the current job information will be updated. If the change is due to occur in the future an triangular icon will appear next to that attribute and will inform the user a future change will occur.
Alert: To maintain historical job data we strongly advise that you select Update Job when making amendments to job records.
This action ensures information that was previously correct is maintained and new information is added. If you choose to select Job Actions >> Edit History you will simply change the record and lose the previous information regarding the job.