The platform can help you record and manage those employees who are on extended leave, such as long term sickness, maternity leave or study leave. To record extended leave follow the steps below. This allows the organisation to be made aware of people that are not currently working, as well as assisting in reassigning reports so that productivity remains high.
This article covers:
- How to Put an Employee on Extended Leave
- How to Edit Extended Leave once Finalised
- How to Edit the Existing List of Leave Reasons
How to Put an Employee on Extended Leave
1. Navigate to the Jobs tab on the employee’s profile.
2. Select Actions >> Go on extended leave to access the page below.
3. Enter the Effective From and Effective To dates, Leave Reason and the modified FTE.
4. Apply Extended Leave.
5. On applying the leave the system will ask you if you wish to schedule the Go On Extended Leave workflow forms; if not, select skip.
6. Once an employee returns from extended leave (see How to manage extended leave via Compliance) a 'Return from Extended Leave' workflow will be triggered. You can edit any of the timings for individual forms, or skip altogether if necessary.
How to Edit Extended Leave once Finalised
1. Navigate to the relevant employee's Profile.
2. Open the Jobs tab.
3. From the Job Actions dropdown menu, select Edit History.
4. Scroll to Extended Leave, hover over the required record and click the Pencil icon to Edit the row.
5. Input correct information and Save.
How to Edit the Existing List of Leave Reasons
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Go to Leave Types
3. Create Leave Type
4. Enter the new leave type and this will appear in the list of options moving forward.