All mandatory qualifications for your organisation are defined as items in Qualification Library Items. From here you can assign library items to individuals or groups as mandatory qualifications and any affected employees will receive notifications alerting them of their records.
To create a new Qualification Library Item:
1. Navigate to Settings >> Qualification Library Item.
2. Fill in the fields as required:
- Name: the name that will be displayed in the system to identify each qualification on the compliance page and employee profiles.
- Sort Order: determines the position the qualification will be displayed in drop-down menus. All values default to 100, lower numbers will appear higher on the list.
- Qualification Type: categorises your qualifications based on business requirements. Qualification types can be created or edited under Settings. To add qualification types see How to Create a Qualification Type.
- Expiry Visibility Type: Dictates whether the expiry date will be a required field when an employee adds details to a mandatory qualification. For compliance purposes, expiry dates are important for licenses and registrations.
- Registration Number Visibility Type: Dictates whether a registration number will be a required field when an employee adds details to a mandatory qualification.
- Upcoming Expiry Warning Period: programs a notification to be sent to the employee when their mandatory qualification is approaching expiration.
- Attachment Requirement: dictates if at least one attachment (e.g. electronic copy of a license/certificate) is required before the qualification is submitted.
3. Select Submit Qualification Library Item.