Customising form settings allows the author to edit details such as the name of the form, the respondent, any time frames for completion and additional triggers to related forms. For more information on Form Settings see the knowledge base article on What do the Form Settings Control.
To customise the settings of a form design:
1. Navigate to the Form Designs page.
2. Select Settings on the Form Design you wish to customise.
- Update the necessary details:
- The Name of your Form Design (visible to respondents and used across the system to identify forms)
- The Category (groups similar form design types together)
- The Type (Job or Training)
- The Respondent Type (which role is expected to complete the form)
- Enable Self-Service Forms ('To Self' adds this form design to the list of forms an employee can issue to themselves to complete. "To Someone Else" allows employees to issue this form design to another colleague to complete about the requesting employee)
- The Description (only visible to System Admin)
- Update/Add any time-based settings (Optional settings)
- Due Time frame (when the form is required to be completed)
- Reminder for respondent (the number of business days after the issue date of the form that an email reminder will be sent to the respondent)
- Escalation to manager (the number of business days after the issue of the form that an escalation email notification will be sent to the respondent's manager advising that the respondent has not actioned the task.)
- Auto-Ignore (in relation to due date)
- Update/Add any further actions (Optional settings)
- Completion Receipts (based on reporting relationship to subject, or select a specific employee to receive a copy of the responses every time this form design is completed, e.g the payroll consultant)
- Trigger on Completion (a new form can be created and assigned upon completion of the first form)
- Default Notification Method this will always default to primary but can be changed to personal. For onboarding forms that are sent pre-start when an employee may not have access to their work email this is very useful.
- Show Task that triggered this task - Tick this if your form is the second in a chain of forms (e.g. employee self-assessment triggers manager assessment. This will allow the respondent of the second form to see the answers to the first form in the same tab when completing their form.