Creating a User Account for your employees allows them to access the platform, rather than just following links from their email account to complete Tasks. This will allow them to take advantage of the full suite of features in the systems such as the Organisation Chart, People Directory and many more. The platform is also the best way to track both their own and their team's progress against key metrics such as training investment and Goal setting.
Notes on creating User Accounts:
- Usernames must be unique. This is what identifies each account and is used by the employee to log into the platform.
- User is Enabled renders the User Account as currently active and able to be used by the employee it is assigned to. You can create a User Account and enable it at a later stage if required.
- Passwords can be created by employees themselves when they first log into the platform, or if you prefer to set a password, you can do this in the Password Method section.
- Group Memberships are pre-set groups of permissions that can be assigned to employees for consistent access control across the business. (See Access Control below for more)
To Create a User Account:
1. Navigate to Settings >> User Accounts.
2. Select Create User.
3. This will take you to a new page.
- Enter the Username (this is what the person will use to log in to the platform).
- If you wish to create the account without enabling it, untick User is Enabled.
- Select the Employee you wish to create the User Account for.
- Select the password creation method.
- Selecting User Sets Password by Email will send a link to the new user asking them to set a password.
- Selecting Manually Set Password allows you to set the password.
- Assign the User Account to one or more Group Memberships.
4. Select Create User.