This part of the platform lists all Personal Documents on employee profiles as well as System Documents. Documents stored on Goals, Diary Notes or Performance Management issues are not visible on this page, and can only be accessed from the relevant page of the employee’s file.
- Personal Documents are files linked to and stored on an employee’s file. They can be added at any stage of the employee cycle, wherever there is a Document box. All personal documents are stored centrally in this section.
- System Files are files used by the platform. They are generally logos, images and video files used in Form Designs (see How to Edit the text of a HTML Field in a Form Design). System documents can be added under Settings via the process below:
To Add a System Document
1. Navigate to Settings >> Documents and Files.
2. Select the section marked Click or Drop file(s) here to upload.
3. In the window that opens, select the file(s) you wish to upload
1. Drag the desired file(s) to the section and drop them. They will automatically be uploaded.
2. Once the document has uploaded, click the Make Public button to allow it to be used as a System Document that can be inserted into Form Designs.
Private files require a person to be logged in before they can view a file. If an employee follows a link from an email, they will need to login in order to view the document.
Being public or private will not affect whether other employees can view the file. This can only be changed through Permissions.