A Permission Group is a combination of individual permissions designed to be appropriate for a specific role such as a staff member, HR process manager or system administrator. Individual permissions affect what users can see, do and access in the system. Consequently, this impacts the level of information they can see on their own, subordinates' and colleagues' profiles as well as what actions they can perform on that information. The system is designed to maintain confidentiality and integrity of the information in the platform, while also remaining flexible enough to allow users to see and do what they need for their roles. As the number of individual permissions in the system is significant; for ease and consistency, it is recommended to use Permission Groups to manage access. Permissions also affect which sections of the platform users can access. For example:
- The Analytics and Compliance sections contain sensitive information and would typically be limited to System Administrator(s)
- The Managers Log contains information typically required only by an employee’s supervisor and the System Administrator(s)
To Add a Permission Group:
1. Navigate to Settings >> User Accounts.
2. Move to the desired User Account.
- You will see the Username and the Name of the employee linked to the Account.
- If the account is currently disabled, this is flagged beside the Name
- Any Group Memberships are displayed here.
3. Select Manage Groups and Permissions to add or remove Group Memberships.