Measurements are an important part of SMART goal setting. Some Goals will have quantitative, number-based targets whereas others might involve completing a list of more qualitative action items or often, a combination of both. The intelliHR Goal setting feature supports this and will even track your progress towards completing a Goal as you tick off the action items.
To Add Measurements to a Goal:
1. Begin creating a Goal (see How to create a goal).
2. Click on Add Measurement. You will then have the option to choose the 'type' of measurement.
There are two types of measurements that can be added to a goal:
- Target: You will need to input the Target Quantity and the Unit of Measure. The target quantity must be a positive number. i.e. 50 Customer Inquiries Called.
- Add Action Item and complete the description of the Action. i.e. Develop on-boarding training manual.
3. To remove an unwanted metric, click the X beside it.