Goals set by employees need to be approved by their managers, or otherwise provided with feedback.
Managers can access the goals of their direct reports in two places:
- The Team’s Current Goals section of their Dashboard.
- The Goals tab of that employee’s profile,
Alternatively, managers can follow the link to a goal from any email notification received regarding that goal.
To Approve or Decline an Employee's Goal:
1. Navigate to Dashboard >> Team’s Current Goals OR Employee Profile >> Goals OR click the link in your notification email
2. Select View on the desired goal.
3. At the top of the page you will see the options to Approve or Decline the goal.
- Review the goal and click the appropriate button (Approve/Decline)
- You can add a comment for your direct report to view the next time they access their goal.
4. A notification will be sent to your direct report, informing them of the update.
You can also make changes to a goal of a direct report if required, and then approve it:
1. Navigate to the desired goal using steps 1-2 above
2. Select Edit at the top of the page
3. Update any relevant goal field(s)
- Parent Goal
- Progress Status (this can also be updated separately from the Dashboard)
- Measurements (Targets or Action Items)
- List the Action Required
- Add as many different measurements as required
- Weight (if enabled in your platform)
- Due Date
- Add any relevant comments regarding your changes
- Cascadable and employee(s) cascaded to
4. Save the goal
- Select Save to save the Goal without approving or declining it
- Select Save and Approve or Save and Decline to save changes and finalise the approval process at the same time.