The Performance Improvement feature is used by the business to record and manage formal performance issues for an employee. Due to the sensitive nature of this type of process, businesses typically limit access to this section to HR only.
To Create a New Performance Improvement Plan:
1. Navigate to the Employee Profile >> Manager's Log.
2. Select the Performance Improvement tab.
3. Select the New Plan button.
4. Complete the required fields.
- Enter the subject's job, if the employee has multiple roles, select the job that applies.
- Enter the details of the person who has reported the need for a Performance Improvement Plan.
- Enter the Date.
- Select the Performance Improvement Status.
- Performance Improvement Status is used to show a history of the issue over time. The Performance Improvement issue can be initiated at any status level, depending on circumstances.
- Select the Category (same as Diary Notes).
- The Categories for Performance Improvement are the same as for Diary Notes. This provides consistency in identifying and grouping similar occurrences or how an issue has escalated from a Diary Note to a Performance Improvement issue. It may also help to identify patterns across the organisation.
- Enter the Summary of the issue (used to identify that process across the platform).
- Write a Description of the issue.
- Enter the Hours spent on the event.
- Enter any Direct Financial Costs incurred by the event.
- Detail the Remedial Action to be Taken by Staff Member.
- Detail Action to be Taken by Business.
- Schedule a Follow Up (if required).
- Select the Date and Person you wish to receive the follow up email notification.
- Enter any notes to detail Follow Up Required by the Business.
5. Select Create to save the Performance Improvement Plan.
6. This will trigger a Workflow to be created which includes an Improvement Action Plan to be sent to the Employee. To send to the employ select Apply or alternatively press Skip.
7. A letter template will be generated, using the information entered.
- Make any necessary changes and click Save. A PDF of this letter will be saved on the record of Performance Improvement. Note: the system will NOT automatically send a copy to the employee. Return to the Performance Improvement Plan to access the PDF and follow your usual process to present it to the employee.