The Performance Management feature is used by the business to record and manage formal performance issues for an employee. Due to the sensitive nature of this type of process, businesses typically limit access to this section to HR only.
To Create a New Performance Management Issue:
1. Navigate to the Employee Profile >> Manager's Log.
2. Select the Performance Management tab.
3. Select the Initiate New Performance Management button.
4. Complete the required fields.
- Select the Performance Management Status.
- Performance Management Status is used to show a history of the issue over time. The Performance Management issue can be initiated at any status level, depending on circumstances.
- If the employee has multiple roles, select the job that applies.
- Enter the Date.
- Select the Category (same as Diary Notes).
- The Categories for Performance Management are the same as for Diary Notes. This provides consistency in identifying and grouping similar occurrences or how an issue has escalated from a Diary Note to a Performance Management issue. It may also help to identify patterns across the organisation.
- Enter the Summary of the issue (used to identify that process across the platform).
- Write a Description of the issue and the Action Taken by Business.
- Detail the Remedial Action to be Taken by Staff Member.
- You may choose to send an Action Plan to the employee.
- Tick the box marked Send Action Plan to Employee.
- Select the Date you wish the email to be sent.
- This will generate a new Action Plan Task for the employee to complete.
- Enter the Hours spent on the event (total and hours with employee).
- Enter any Direct Financial Costs incurred by the event.
- Schedule a Follow Up (if required).
- Select the Date and Person you wish to receive the follow up email notification.
- Enter any notes to detail Follow Up Required by the Business.
5. Select Create to save the Performance Management.
6. A letter template will be generated, using the information entered.
- Make any necessary changes and click Save. A PDF of this letter will be saved on the record of Performance Management. Note: the system will NOT automatically send a copy to the employee. Return to the Performance Management issue to access the PDF and follow your usual process to present it to the employee.