The Performance Improvement feature is used by the business to record and manage formal performance issues for an employee. Due to the sensitive nature of this type of process, businesses typically limit access to this section to HR only.
To View an Existing Performance Improvement Plan:
1. Navigate to the Employee Profile >> Manager's Log.
2. Click 'Expand' to view all Performance Improvement Plans (this button will be visible on the right-hand side of the Performance Improvement subheading).
3. Search or Sort the list by any of the visible fields (Date, Summary or Category).
- The search bar at the top of the list supports any details visible in the list.
- Sort the list by any of the headers to arrange entries in your desired order.
4. Click on the name of the relevant performance record to view it.
To Edit an Existing Performance Improvement Plan:
5. To edit a Performance Improvement Plan, click on the Actions button (visible on the top right-hand side of the page). A drop-down menu will appear with the option to edit. From this drop-down menu you will also be able to escalate it, add a note or delete the plan.
Note: The top edit button is to edit the initiation event, but you can also edit each escalation event in the timeline in their own drop down menus.
6. Any notes added or escalations made to the Performance Improvement Plan will be recorded in a timeline format and will appear under any relevant documents that have been uploaded. Check out Adding a File to a Performance Improvement Plan to learn more.
Edit a template:
1. To edit a letter template click on the action button (three dots) on the right-hand side of the relevant event in the timeline. A drop-down menu will appear with the option to edit the letter (click the 'Letter Template' option from the drop-down menu).
Download a letter as a PDF:
1. To download the letter template, click on the action button (three dots) on the right-hand side of the relevant event in the timeline. A drop-down menu will appear with the option to download the letter (click the 'Download Letter' option from the drop-down menu).