Diary Notes can be used by leaders within the business to record instances to the profile of a direct report.
They are a quick and easy way of documenting events as they occur and help to paint a real-time picture of the business and the people within it. They also form a time-stamped record accessible by users with permission to view the Managers’ Log section.
To Create a Diary Note Entry:
1. Navigate to Employee Profile >> Manager's Log.
2. Select Diary Notes.
3. Select the Add Standalone Diary Note button.
4. Complete the required fields to record the occurrence.
- Reported By - if the person entering the record is not the reported who was?
- If the employee has multiple roles, select the job that applies.
- Enter the Date of Issue.
- Select the Category (customisable under settings).
- Enter the Summary of the issue (used to identify Diary Notes across the platform).
- Write a Description of the issue.
- Detail the Remedial Action to be Taken by Staff Member.
- Enter the Hours spent on the event (total and hours with employee).
- Enter any Direct Financial Costs incurred by the event.
- Schedule a Follow Up (if required).
- Select the Date and Person you wish to receive the follow up email notification.
- Enter any notes to detail Follow Up Required by the Business.
5. Select Create to save the Diary Note.