Diary Notes can be used by leaders within the business to record instances to the profile of a direct report.
They are a quick and easy way of documenting events as they occur and help to paint a real-time picture of the business and the people within it. They also form a time-stamped record accessible by users with permission to view the Managers’ Log section.
By default, employees do not have access to view the Manager's Log, including Diary Notes on their own profile, and therefore cannot see the comments made here. If you wish to change the permissions or want to confirm this is still the case please contact your system administrator who can check these for you.
To Create a Diary Note Entry:
1. Navigate to Employee Profile >> Manager's Log.
2. Select Diary Notes.
3. Select the Add Standalone Diary Note button.
4. Complete the required fields to record the occurrence.
- Reported By - if the person entering the record is not the reported who was?
- If the employee has multiple roles, select the job that applies.
- Enter the Date of Issue.
- Select the Category (customisable under settings).
- Enter the Summary of the issue (used to identify Diary Notes across the platform).
- Write a Description of the issue.
- Detail the Remedial Action to be Taken by Staff Member.
- Enter the Hours spent on the event (total and hours with employee).
- Enter any Direct Financial Costs incurred by the event.
- Schedule a Follow Up (if required).
- Select the Date and Person you wish to receive the follow up email notification.
- Enter any notes to detail Follow Up Required by the Business.
5. Select Create to save the Diary Note.