Your intelliHR platform comes pre-loaded with basic permission groups that can be customised to suit your needs. Employees permission to each element of the platform is customised down to whether they can view, edit, add and/or delete within each feature of the platform. This is customised further by narrowing it down to whether they can take these actions on their own profile or those of their subordinates or all employees. During the implementation process the customer success team will work with you to customise these to match your business needs. If you wish to make any further amendments to the permission groups or create new permission groups, please follow the instructions below.
Your Permission Groups are developed and tested during the implementation process to ensure employees have the correct access to the different sections of the platform, without compromising sensitive information. In short, permissions affect which sections of the platform users can access to ensure the integrity of the platform. For example:
- The Compliance section contains sensitive information and would typically be limited to System Administrator(s).
- The ability to update your own and your subordinates 'preferred name' would be available to anyone with basic Staff Member access.
The following shows how to create a Permission Group and how to select the relevant Permissions for the relevant Permission Group.
Creating a Permission Group
1. Navigate to Settings >> Permissions.
2. Select + Create Group.
3. Enter the desired name for the Permission Group and click Create Group.
4. Select Assume as to select the target user for the permission group and review exactly what a specific individual with that level of permission will see on the platform.
Entering Permissions for your Permission Group
1. Select the Permission Group you wish to add Permissions to.
2. Click Edit
3. Go through and Allow or Deny access for the Permission Group.
4. Click Save to save your selection.