Form Designs can be used for a variety of reasons. Several of the most common uses are Compliance, Continuous Feedback and Performance Tracking.
Compliance forms are a quick and easy way of delivering compliance documentation, such as policies, to either individuals or a group. Once completed responses will remain on the employee's profile. Group responses can also be collated in Analytics.
Compliance Form Designs
As with all other forms, your Compliance forms should ensure employees know 'what's in it for me?', that they feel safe; they know how their responses will be used and who will see these; and that they are convenient, easy to understand and complete. The three key elements you will need to consider when creating a compliance form design will be: adding a callout box to provide instructions, adding a link to your policy document and a simple sign off question and where this data can be reviewed following form completion.
Step 1: Adding a Callout Box to Provide Instructions
1. Navigate to Automation >> Form Designs >> Select the Policy form design you are creating.
2. Select Edit >> Add Field.
3. Select HTML Content.
4. Select the Megaphone Icon to add a callout box.
5. Select the Background Colour of your callout.
6. Add the text that will provide the necessary information on how to complete the form to the recipients.
7. Save and Preview.
Step 2: Adding a link to your Policy Document
Once you have added the initial fields you will most likely provide the policy documentation through a link or a video and the step by step guide below picks up the creation of the form at this point.
1. Navigate to Settings >> Documents >> Upload the file/policy that you wish to share.
2. Mark the document as Public - this will make it available to view for employees receiving the form without logging in.
3. Right click on the document name and select Copy the link address.
4. Navigate to Automation >> Form Designs >> Search for your recently created Compliance form.
5. Add Field.
6. Select HTML content - Write the text you wish to display and link to the documentation.
7. Highlight the text you wish to act as a link and select the link icon.
8. Paste the URL link address that you copied in step 3 and insert link.
At this point you will have made the compliance documentation available through the form design, we recommend following this with a simple closed question to confirm understanding and create a sign off. To do this follow the steps below:
1. In the same form design select Add Field.
2. Select Radio Group and complete the fields:
- Label - The text question that will appear to employees e.g. I confirm I have read and understood the attached policy.
- Label - The potential answers e.g. Yes/No/Help Required
- Value - A number assigned to each answer e.g. 1,2,3 etc - the numbers chosen in a radio group do not have to follow any specific pattern but they must be different for each answer.
Your form design at this point will contain the required documentation and a sign off question. Further information can also be added to the form design dependent on the needs of your organisation.
Step 3: Accessing the Responses to Compliance Forms
To ensure compliance across your organisation it will be important to review the responses provided on the form. There are several Analytics reports that can help provide insights regarding responses to compliance forms; however, the primary reports that will allow you to review the responses are: Form Data Analysis and Form Compliance. You can also view responses through a data export which is explained below. To access the Analytics follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Analytics.
2. Select either Form Data Analysis or Form Compliance.
- Form Data Analysis: This report will allow you to review the responses and at a glance see statistics regarding who has accepted, who has not accepted and who is requesting help with the form.
- Form Compliance: This report will allow you to see at a glance who has completed or not completed the form.
1. Navigate to Settings.
2. Open the Data Export tool.
3. Select Form Instances to export a CSV file with all responses provided to the selected form.