Form Designs can be used for a variety of reasons. Several of the most common uses are Compliance, Continuous Feedback and Performance Tracking.
As a data driven platform intelliHR facilitates your ability to achieve continuous feedback from your people; providing managers and people leaders alike with numerous data points helping to create more accurate insights regarding employee performance, engagement and blockers. Once completed, responses will remain on the employee's profile. Group responses can also be collated in Analytics.
Key Elements of a Continuous Feedback Form:
Following the Form Design Masterclass delivered as part of the implementation you will be aware of several key considerations when creating a form to track continuous feedback. This article will highlight some of these key considerations, provide a step by step guide to creating a simple Continuous Feedback Form and also briefly discuss how to automate this feedback through the use of recurring pulses:
Creating a simple Continuous Feedback Form:
One example of continuous feedback is the simple Check In. This form can be used to create an environment of constant communication and specified forum for employees to relate their successes and their blockers. Continuous feedback such as check ins are often primarily created with text fields to capture qualitative data; however, by adding simple rating fields such as the happiness rating to also obtain quantitative data continuous feedback can be tracked over time using a specific metric which can then be averaged across any period of time:
To create a Continuous Feedback Form:
1. Select the questions you plan to ask your employees on a continuous basis
2. Navigate to Automation >> Form Designs >> Create New Form Design
3. Enter the appropriate Form Settings depending how you want the form to behave, settings that could be important to your continuous feedback form have been highlighted below:
4. Add Fields
5. Once you have added all the questions you wish save and preview the form.
Automating the collection of Continuous Feedback:
Once you have created a form to track continuous feedback you can automate the collection of this data through the use of recurring pulses. It will be important to think carefully about the cadence of this continuous feedback. The more data provided, the better your Analytics will be; however, requesting the same data every week may lead to survey fatigue from your employees and diminish the value they see in completing such a form. Here at intelliHR, we complete the standard Check In that can be found on your platform once a month as we find this cadence helps trigger communication between managers and employees and collect data on a consistent basis while not bombarding the employee with the same questions every week!
To create a recurring pulse for Continuous Feedback:
1. Navigate to the Automation >> Recurring Pulses
2. Select Create New Recurring Pulse
3. Type the Name of your Pulse (will be used to identify the pulse in your records)
4. Select the Continuous Feedback Form Design to be used in your Pulse
5. Select your targeted group(s) of employees (default is All)
6. Select the Start Date/Time to set when the first occurrence of this Pulse will be sent out
7. Choose the Frequency of the Pulse.
9. Select Create Recurring Pulse
Note: Configuring the platform so that responses from your continuous feedback forms pull through into an employee's report card and can be reliably tracked in Analytics is an incredibly efficient way of increasing the amount of data available to both employees and managers when decisions regarding performance, culture and fit are made. However, to ensure your data is consistent, it is important to think carefully about the metrics and questions that will be important to your organisation. Spending time to consider the aspects of survey design theory seen in the Form Design Masterclass will save time in the long run and help create large and reliable data sets.