A new remuneration record can be entered at the same time you create a new job on the system and can also be updated when/if the attributes change. The steps below explain how to do both.
Glossary of Terms
- Additions - An amount or percentage to be added to either the base or total salary (e.g. Superannuation)
- Breakdowns - A salary component contributing an amount or percentage to the base or total salary (e.g. salary sacrifice)
- Default Remuneration Components - Both addition and breakdown components can be created by a system administrator in Settings, and either automatically added to each new person created on intelliHR or made available at the point a remuneration schedule is added to an employee record.
To create a remuneration record at the same time as creating the job:
1. When creating a new job, work down the page entering all relevant details until you hit remuneration.
2. Select the Pay Grade (if applicable -even if you do not strictly use pay grades this can be a great way to segments your data).
3. Enter the Employment Conditions (if applicable).
4. Choose whether you wish to enter the remuneration using a Base Salary, or an Hourly Rate method.
5. Enter either the Base Salary or Hourly Rate into the free text box (without commas), and then select the appropriate pay cycle and hours per cycle.
6. If you need to add in any additions to the salary or represent the breakdown of the remuneration package (e.g. superannuation, uniform allowances or salary sacrifice), click + Add Addition (additions can be made to the base or total salary) or + Add Breakdown.
6a. To enter an addition click + Add Addition under the relevant section (i.e. you have the option to make the addition to the base salary or the total salary; this is important if the addition will be a percentage of one of these values)
- Use the free text name field to give your addition a title - e.g 'Superannuation'
- Enter the method of addition (i.e. as a fixed amount or as a percentage of the base)
- Enter the value of the addition
6b. To enter a representation of the breakdown click + Add Breakdown.
- Use the free text name field to name the breakdown element - e.g 'Salary Sacrifice' or select one of your default remuneration components
- Enter/amend the value of the breakdown component (e.g '5000' or 5%)
7. The following fields are mandatory and must be completed before continuing:
- Base Annual Amount/Hourly Rate
- Pay Cycle (weekly, fortnightly, monthly)
- Hours per Cycle (average of hours per pay period)
8. The drop down options from the following fields can be edited by adding or removing items from the respective section under Settings. (See Settings guide for more information or contact your system administrator for additional help).
- Pay Grades
- Employment Conditions
9. Once your remuneration data has been entered you can continue to fill out the remainder of the job data (Mandatory Qualifications and Recruitment Source - if applicable) and hit Add Job.
To add a new remuneration schedule record after the employee and job/s have been created (ie. in the instance of a pay rise)
1. Navigate to Profile of the relevant employee.
2. Head to the Jobs tab on their profile.
3. Select Update Job.
4. Enter the date that the new or updated remuneration record is effective from.
5. Select Change Remuneration Schedule.
6. Complete steps 3 - 7 from the steps above.
7. Hit Add Remuneration Schedule.