A new remuneration record can be entered at the same time you create a new job on the system and can also be updated when/if the attributes change. The steps below explain how to do both.
To create a remuneration record at the same time as creating the job:
1. When creating a new job, work down the page entering all relevant details until you hit remuneration.
2. Select the pay grade (if applicable).
3. Enter the Employment Conditions (if applicable).
4. Choose whether you wish to enter the remuneration using a Base Salary, or an Hourly Rate method.
5. Enter either the Base Salary or Hourly Rate into the free text box (without commas), and then select the appropriate pay cycle, and hours per cycle.
6. If you need to add in any additions/deductions to the salary (e.g. superannuation, uniform allowances or deductions for salary sacrifice), click + New Addition Line or + New Deduction Line.
6a. To enter an addition or deduction that is a multiple of the base annual (e.g. superannuation at 9.5%)
- Use the free text name field to give your addition/deduction a title - e.g 'superannuation'
- Enter the method as a multiple of the base annual amount
- Enter the value as a decimal (e.g 0.095)
6b. To enter an addition or deduction as a fixed amount (eg. Salary Sacrifice)
- Use the free text name field to give your addition/deduction a title - e.g 'Salary Sacrifice'
- Enter the method as a fixed amount
- Enter the value as a positive whole number (e.g 500)
7. The following fields are mandatory and must be completed before continuing:
- Base Annual Amount/Hourly Rate
- Pay Cycle (weekly, fortnightly, monthly)
- Hours per Cycle (average of hours per pay period)
8. The drop down options from the following fields can be edited by adding or removing items from the respective section under Settings. (See Settings guide for more information or contact your system administrator for additional help).
- Pay Grades
- Employment Conditions
9. Once your remuneration data has been entered you can continue to fill out the remainder of the job data (Mandatory Qualifications and Recruitment Source - if applicable) and hit Add Job.
To add a new remuneration schedule record after the employee and job/s have been created (ie. in the instance of a pay rise)
1. Navigate to Profile of the relevant employee.
2. Head to the Jobs tab on their profile.
3. Select Update Job.
4. Enter the date that the new or updated remuneration record is effective from.
5. Select Change Remuneration Schedule.
6. Complete steps 3 - 7 from the steps above.
7. Hit Add Remuneration Schedule.