|A new remuneration record can be entered at the same time you create a new job on the system, and can also be updated when/if the attributes change. The steps below explain how to do both.|
To create a remuneration record at the same time as creating the job:
1. When creating a new job, work down the page entering all relevant details until you hit remuneration.
2. Select the pay grade (if applicable).
3. Enter the Employment Conditions (if applicable).
4. Choose whether you wish to enter the remuneration using a Base Salary, or an Hourly Rate method.
5. Enter either the Base Salary or Hourly Rate into the free text box (without commas), and then select the appropriate pay cycle, and hours per cycle.
6. If you need to add in any additions/deductions to the salary (e.g. superannuation, uniform allowances or deductions for salary sacrifice), click + New Addition Line or + New Deduction Line.
6a. To enter an addition or deduction that is a multiple of the base annual (e.g. superannuation at 9.5%)
6b. To enter an addition or deduction as a fixed amount (eg. Salary Sacrifice)
7. The following fields are mandatory and must be completed before continuing:
8. The drop down options from the following fields can be edited by adding or removing items from the respective section under Settings. (See Settings guide for more information or contact your system administrator for additional help).
9. Once your remuneration data has been entered you can continue to fill out the remainder of the job data (Mandatory Qualifications and Recruitment Source - if applicable) and hit Add Job.
To add a new remuneration schedule record after the employee and job have been created (ie. in the instance of a pay rise)
1. Navigate to People
2. Search for the employee and click into their profile.
3. Head to the jobs tab on their profile.
4. Click on the action menu to the right of their current job.
5. Select Change Job Attributes.
6. Enter the date that the new or updated remuneration record is effective from.
7. Select Change Remuneration Schedule
8. Complete steps 3 - 7 from the steps above.
9. Hit Add Remuneration Schedule.
Note: Once you enter in the base annual, pay cycle, and the hours per cycle, the system will automatically calculate the hourly rate - or vice versa depending on which method you selected.
Tip: Although selecting a pay grade is optional, this can be a great way to filter your data in the analytics section. Adding in pay grades will also allow you to pulse out forms to select groups of people.