intelliHR works across all browsers and can be bookmarked for easy access. However, extra clicks, or the need to jump online can sometimes slow down adoption. To help, the following guide explains how you can help anyone create a shortcut to intelliHR on their desktop and reduce the clicks needed to access the platform.
The steps below are the simplest way to add an intelliHR shortcut to your desktop:
1. Access Chrome/Safari/Firefox/IE and open your intelliHR web page.
2. From this page, select and drag the padlock icon (the icon may appear different in IE) to the left of the URL onto your desktop.
3. Right click on the new desktop shortcut and Rename.
Chrome and IE (specific):
If the above method does not work for you the shorcut can be added through settings on Chrome and IE:
1. Access Chrome and open your intelliHR web page.
2. From this page, select the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
3. Select More Tools.
4. Select Create Shortcut.
4. The next screen will prompt you to name the shortcut, (We also recommend ticking the option to open the shortcut in a new window). Once named click Create. The shortcut will now appear on your desktop allowing you to access the platform direct from there.
Tip: Adding a shortcut will remove the need for your team to remember or bookmark the URL; however, they will still be required to log in. To remove all barriers to employee adoption consider using single sign-on so employees do not need to remember any additional passwords.