The Xero integration offered by intelliHR makes it easy for employees to provide their bank, tax file and superannuation details to you while at the same time creating a Xero employee account. Upon creation of a new employee on the intelliHR platform they will be able to enter their payroll details directly from their profile. Alternatively, prior to their first day, a link to the payroll forms can be made available to the employee via an onboarding form. the link provided will take the user to intelliHR to enter their login details and then directly to the payroll forms to complete.
The following is a walkthrough guide of how to complete the forms.
How to Complete the Payroll Forms
1. Navigate to the Profile tab of the employee in question.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Add Payroll Details.
3. Enter the bank details and select the appropriate options regarding superannuation, then select Next.
4. Enter the tax file details and select the questions below to complete your tax declaration.
5. Select Next.
6. Review the details entered and then select Submit.
7. The user will be returned to the profile page and will be able to view confirmation that the details have been entered and passed to Xero.
The payroll details have been successfully entered and the user is not required to complete any further steps.
8. The Payroll Email Address supplied during the initial set-up will receive an email notifying them of the details entered. This email will also instruct the recipient as to which details need to be manually entered into the employee's Xero profile. The format of the email will appear similar to the below.
Note: The hourly rate passed to Xero is the exact field entered into intelliHR. The value entered should reflect the actual hourly rate of the employee as intellIHR will not calculate a pro-rated hourly rate based on the employee's FTE.