You’ve recently launched your new people management platform and now you want more data! Training information is something that can be collected using intelliHR, and it doesn’t just record completed training but also provides you with analytical information and tools to get the best out of sending employees training sessions.
What Resources are You Providing
- Video introduction to Training
- Quick-Start Guide (in-app)
- Template training email
- Training completed workflow (action planning & feedback forms)
1. Review the information you are gathering when training is completed. Currently when logging completed training the platform asks for the following information:
- Training Name
- Completion Date
- Training Provider
- Training Type
- Training Coordinator
- Cost ($)
If you require more information than what is there by default, speak with your Customer Success Manager to add custom fields (e.g. CPD points, categories, notes, etc.).
The training provider and training type are both very important dimensions of the training information you are gathering. It provides you with more dimensions to display and analyse your information within your Training Investment analytics page. To add or change the current options under these fields, navigate to Settings >> Dropdowns >> Training Types OR Training Provider - Item >> Add Dropdown Item or Edit a current one.
2. Ensure that the Training Completed workflow (Engagement >> Workflows >> Training Completed) works for the type of feedback you are wanting to receive. This includes an action plan and training course feedback for the employee, and performance following training feedback for the supervisor to provide feedback on how the employee has applied their learning to their work.
This workflow is triggered by the employee when training is logged within the platform, so it is important to communicate the crucial role of this workflow to their development while rolling the feature out.
3. Ensure all the employees you wish to be logging training records have a user account and are able to access the intelliHR platform.
1. Decide when you want to roll out ‘Training’ to your employees. It’s a very straight forward part of the platform and doesn’t require much coaching but communicating why it’s important to record completed training and action planning is essential to a successful rollout.
Communicate to employees that all training completed will now need to be recorded in their profiles within intelliHR. Include a short video guide provided in the resources above. Make sure to emphasise the ‘WIIFM’ (What’s In It For Me) and walk them through the process to get maximum engagement.
As you know, we have recently introduced our new people management platform, intelliHR into our business and to you. As part of the platform rollout, we want to let you know that we will be using its training log feature to store all completed training information within your profiles. You will have the ability to log completed training within your profiles yourselves by navigating to the training tab and clicking on the ‘New Training’ button. From here you will be asked to add information such as:
It is important that you do this whenever you complete training so that:
1. Management knows what training you have completed and other areas you might require for further development, and
2. To boost your own personal portfolio of learning & development.
On the back of logging a training completed, you will have the opportunity to complete a workflow that will assist you in applying the knowledge you have learned and put it to practice. The workflow will include the following forms to schedule:
So, once you get to the workflow page, you will have the option to either Schedule or Skip the workflow. We highly recommend you schedule it to get maximum value out of the training you have completed.
Remember, these are only tools to help you, it will still require you to apply yourself – and we encourage you to!
2. It's also important to communicate this process to your supervisors who will be accessing the employee’s performance and application of the new skills and knowledge they have gained. At the end of the day, you need to know if the return on investment from the training course you sent the employee is worth it or not.
They also need to know that the employees will receive a copy of the completed feedback as part of their learning and development, that way feedback is communicated in the right manner for the employee to acknowledge and implement. Any notes that need to be completed privately can always be done as a Diary Note on the employee’s profile.
- As a System Administrator, you also can add training completed by the employee onto their profile and trigger the workflow for them.
- If you do require additional information on training records, contact your Customer Success Manager to add additional custom fields within this area of the platform.
- If the same training is completed by a group of employees, you can always duplicate it by clicking on the ‘Duplicate Training Record’ on the bottom of the training input page. Note - by doing so you will not be able to trigger the workflow for everyone.
- All completed training information added also pulls through to the Training Investment Analytics page. This page allows you to see where your investments ($ and hours) are utilized within your organisation.