HR needs to be able to justify is expenditure just like any other business unit in the organisation - and this means that HR must be able to gather and analyse 'hard data' in the form of HR metrics.
The article below provides one example of how the analytics you now have access to can help you define the current makeup of your workforce and begin to create a reliable and valid baseline from which you can begin to think about workforce planning.
When the board ask you to assess the resources the business has and how are they distributed across key workforce dimensions:
Imagine being asked to provide a breakdown of your workforce. Previously, this meant a time-consuming process of collating data from several sources and then manipulating this data in excel. However, through the Workforce Headcount analytics, you can quickly access the data, drill down into specific areas of interest and copy or save the visual charts into your reports to the board.
Report quickly and efficiently:
When asked to provide a breakdown of the workforce navigate to:
Analytics >> Workforce Headcount
This analytics page will allow you to review the demographics of your workforce and drill down using the following filters:
- Work Type
- Work Class
- Business Unit
- Business Entity
- Pay Grade
Drilling into the data:
To illustrate the specific information you wish to hihglight in your reports this analytics page will allow you to:
- Review the data at a specific point in time.
- Filter the data on specific attributes.
- Convert the (filtered) charts to images that can be inserted into wider board reports.
- To review the workforce headcount data at a specific point in time, whether that be in the past or a predicted future state, simply:
1. Amend the date in the top right of the page, or
2. Click on chart setting in the top right and amend the data settings to review the predicted future headcount analytics based on your current people data.
- To filter the data on specific attributes simply click on the charts to dynamically filter on the options.
- To convert the filtered charts to images click on the convert icon and insert this image into your wider report that will be presented to the board.
Note: The key to fast an accurate reporting on your workforce headcount is simply ensuring you maintain accurate people data on the platform. Through the implementation, you will have identified a system administrator responsible for ensuring employee people and job data is up-to-date. The analytics will reflect the accuracy of this work.