Due to the diverse and extensive software used by our growing #intellifam creating, well designed and functional, integrations can be a time-consuming process that is unlikely to satisfy everybody to the same level. That's why we have chosen to use Zapier as a tool to connect intelliHR with the other systems in your business. The below article is designed to walk you through setting up a Zapier account (free trials are a good way to test the waters) and how to begin connecting intelli with the rest of your tech landscape.
**You already have an intelliHR account but to integrate with intelli you will also need to create a Zapier account (this is free to create).
Creating a Zapier Account
To create a Zapier account, follow these simple steps.
1. Head to Zapier's website.
2. Click on Sign Up where you will be asked to provide an email, first name and last name.
3. Click on Get Started Free to create a free account with a 14-day trial period of premium features & apps.
4. The next page will get you to set a password for your account, make sure you store this somewhere safe and secured.
5. After creating the account, you will be taken through a few introductory steps such as:
- Your role
- Select what apps you currently use from a list of all available apps on Zapier
6. Congratulations you now have a free account with Zapier, explore their site's various areas or dive right into creating a Zap with intelliHR and your other apps (link to zap workflows article).
Creating a Zapier Integration with intelliHR
1. Create an Access key within your own intelliHR platform by navigating to Settings and into Public API Access Keys. From here you can click on Create Access Key.
Provide a name (for reference) and click on Create Access Key
2. When creating your Zap* on Zapier for the first time, you will need to connect intelliHR to your account which will require your platform name and the Access Key.
On Zapier, navigate to Make a Zap >> Search for intelliHR and click the intelliHR icon from the search results >> Choose a triggering event* >> Sign-In >> You will be prompted to put in your API key (Access Key) and Tenant name (located on your platform URL e.g. URL= XYZ.intellihr.net, tenant name = XYZ) >> Click Yes, Continue.
What data syncs between intelliHR & Zapier?
Any attributes from the following areas of the platform can sync with Zapier integrations given the receiving or providing software can push or consume the data (i.e this is a list of the data that can either be taken from intelli to another system or pushed into intelli from another system).
|People Attributes||First Name|
|Job Attributes||Job Title|
|Start Date and End Date|
|Work Class and Work Type|
|Remuneration (Base Annual, Hourly, Pay Cycle, Hours, Annual Package, Additions)|
|Training Attributes||Training name|
|Any additional custom fields (ask your CSM for more information about adding custom fields)|
Where do I go for support?
If you are an existing customer setting up this integration, please be aware that integrations are supported by Zapier. But since you are part of our #intellifam, contact your CSM for some advice about what you are trying to achieve with Zapier + intelliHR.
Zap - an automated workflow between your apps. For example, you may have a Zap that sends email notifications when a job attribute changes using Gmail. Zaps consist of at least two parts: a trigger and one or more actions.
Trigger - the event in an app that starts the Zap. Once you set up a Zap, Zapier will monitor the app for that event. For the New Job trigger example, the zap will only proceed whenever a new job is created within your intelliHR platform.
Action - the event that completes the Zap. For the New Job trigger example, the action can create a new user in another software (other software-dependent) or send an email (email app dependent) to someone to inform them, and many other options.