The employee profile page provides vital information about an employee, their contact details and emergency contact information. However, we recognise that sometimes your business may have a need to record additional details that are specific to your organisation. To help with this we've added the ability to add custom fields to an employee's profile tab. This means you can add fields to record additional information that is important to you.
Who can use custom fields and who can create them?
- Custom fields on an employee's profile tab are controlled in the permissions area. Simply go to Settings >> Permissions >> Staff Member and search for the custom field that has been created. At this point, you will have the option to provide access to View and/or Manage each custom field created on an individual record, for subordinates or for all staff.
- Currently, only the intelliHR CS team have access to add new custom fields to your platform. However, as we continue to develop this feature access to add fields may be added for system administrators. For now, please speak with your CSM if you wish to record any additional information on the people profile page.
What types of fields can I use to record this data?
Once you've decided what additional information you wish to record about your employees you should think about how you would like this to be recorded. The field options are:
- Free text (to allow the person completing this field to enter any value such as dietary requirements)
- Number (to allow the person to enter any number value)
- Single select (for example if you wish users to select their coffee preference or select Yes or No regarding their status as a fire warden or first aid officer)
- Multiple select (for example if you wish users to select more than one option such as Languages spoken or regular workdays)
- People dropdown (for example to select an executive/personal assistant, a secondary supervisor or an internal mentor from a dropdown of your existing employees)
What are other customers recording with these fields?
Below is a shortlist of potential use cases to record additional information using custom fields:
- Fire warden/First Aider (Yes or No)
- Workdays (List the regular workdays of the employee)
- Dietary requirement/Coffee preference (for catering purposes)
- Secondary Work Phone number
- Executive Assistants (that may also have access to this employee's profile)
What will these look like when added?
- Any additional details that you add will sit under the employee's personal details and above the email contact details.
- If you add more than one custom field for additional information these will sit in two columns across the page.
How do I start adding additional information?
Please contact your CSM or any member of the support team on 1300 367 438 so that we can add any custom fields you wish to display on your intelliHR tenant.