intelliHR treats the protection of customer data as critical. We guarantee the integrity, confidentiality and availability of our customer’s data by implementing best practice security controls and policies. Users can enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) as a second form of authentication to increase the level of security when accessing the intelliHR platform.
This article covers:
- What is Multi-Factor Authentication?
- How to Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
- How to Login when MFA is Enabled
What is Multi-Factor Authentication?
Multi-factor authentication is a process in which the user is prompted for an additional form of identification during the sign-on process. This can include entering in a code generated by a smartphone authenticator app (such as Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator).
How to Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
1. Login into the intelliHR platform.
2. Navigate to the Quick-Access Menu on the top right of the page (next to the global search bar). Click on the quick-access menu and a drop-down menu will appear.
3. From the drop-down menu, click on Change Password. You will then be re-directed to the Password Reset page where MFA can be enabled.
4. Click on Enable MFA.
5. The system will then create a set of Recovery Codes. These can then be used to access your account in the event you lose access to your device and cannot receive two-factor authentication codes. It is recommended that the recovery codes generated are saved using a password manager such as 1Password or Lastpass.
6. Once you have saved your recovery codes, click on Setup MFA.
7. This will then prompt you to scan the QR code on screen. You will then need to enter in the code generated by an authenticator app and click Validate.
8. MFA will now be enabled for your account.
How to Login when MFA is Enabled
1. Navigate to the intelliHR login page and enter in your Username and Password.
2. You will then be prompted to enter in a 6-digit code generated by an authenticator app or you can enter in one of your recovery codes.
3. Click Authenticate once you have entered in the 6-digit code to login.