We've chosen to use Zapier as a tool to connect intelliHR with the other systems in your business.
The below article is designed to walk you through setting up notification emails to send when an employee's job details change on the intelliHR platform.
Step 1: Job Update Scheduled intelliHR
To connect your intelliHR platform (account) to Zapier:
To begin the set-up of the zap, you will need to connect your intelliHR platform to Zapier.
1. Click "Choose an account"
2. Select your intelliHR platform from the drop-down list and click "Continue"
3. Zapier will then ask to "Test your trigger" - this will allow Zapier to find a recent job update on the intelliHR platform to ensure that the first step is working correctly. Testing this trigger will not send an email notification.
4. Click "Continue" once Zapier has found a recent Job Update.
For example, "Job Update Scheduled in intelliHR" is a trigger - when an employee's job details have been updated, Zapier will recognise that an update has been made on the intelliHR platform and trigger the zap to run.
Step 2: Send an Outbound Email
When an update has been made to an employee's job details Zapier will send an automated email with information about the update. The outbound email will be sent by "Email by Zapier", so you will not have to connect an email address.
To set-up and customise the outbound email:
1. You will need to enter in an email address for who should receive this email (i.e. a general HR email account). You can enter up to five email recipients. Please note that the email address listed in the "To" section, will receive a notification for any job updates made for all employees.
2. You will see that the "Subject" and "Body" of the email have already been pre-filled to pull through the relevant information about an employee's recent job update (from Step 1 of the zap).
Amending the "Subject" and the "Body" of the email is optional. If you would like to amend the contents of the subject or body, click inside the textbox and begin typing.
3. You will be able to enter in a "From Name" - the default will be "intelliHR". To amend this, click on the textbox and begin typing.
You will also be to Cc and Bcc up to 5 email addresses as well.
4. Click "Continue" once you have completed the required fields (i.e. email addresses of the recipients). Zapier will then provide a preview of the information to be sent in the email using the data found in Step 1.
Please note that testing Step 2 will send an email notification to the "To" email specified with the test data included (last employee who has job change’s information), so feel free set this as your email for testing purposes or, let payroll know that it is a test only email and to disregard for now.
If you would like to skip testing, you can click "Skip Test" in the top right-hand corner. We do recommend that testing is not skipped for this step so the email can be reviewed and amended if necessary.
5. Click "Test & Continue" - Zapier will send a test email.
The email will contain a list of attributes with either the word "False" or "True" next to it. False means that there was no update to that particular attribute. For example, in the screenshot above the employee's position did not update.
6. When you are ready, you can turn on the Zap on the top right corner of the screen, this will make your Zap live.
For example, when an update to an employee's job details has been made on the intelliHR platform (trigger), Zapier will then send an outbound email (action).
Want to get even more out of your new zap? Check out our article on adding flitters, formatter steps and paths to your zaps (please note these are premium-based features).