The new Bulk Data Import Tool allows you to quickly and easily upload bulk data to your employees' intelliHR profiles.
To use the Bulk Data Job Update tool, firstly provide People ID details for the
person_lookup column which will be used to match what is provided to a person in intelliHR. If any of your employees have multiple jobs you will also need to provide the
id column with the Job ID of the role you wish to update.
The import will work with just these two columns, but no actions will be generated unless you provide other columns with the actual updates to perform.
This article covers:
- How to use the Bulk Data Tool
- Job data that can be updated using the Bulk Data Tool
- How to alter Company Start Dates
- How to update effective dated attributes
- How to end a job
How to use the Bulk Data Tool
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Under Platform click on Bulk Data Tool
3. To start a new import click Start an Import
4. Name your import with the details of data being inputted.
5. Press Upload
6. Select Upload Type (Update Jobs)
7. Complete all required field and upload the relevant CSV file.
8. Click Next >> Confirm
What can be performed?
Update job lets you perform all of the actions you are able to do on the person profile job tab but in bulk. These actions can be broken down into the following categories:
1. Altering the company start date or recruitment info
2. Updating effective dated attributes
3. Finalising the company end date, cancelling an existing end date, or changing the turnover information.
Altering company start date
There are two actions that can be generated in this category:
- If you provide the
company_start_datecolumn to the bulk data import it will generate an action to perform an update to the start of the job.
- If you provide the
recruitment_costcolumns it will generate an action to update the recruitment details of the job.
Updating effective dated attributes
The following effective dated attributes can be updated on a job:
- Business Entity *
- Business Unit *
- Location *
- Pay Grade *
- Position Title *
- Supervisor Person
- Work Class
- Work Type
- Performance Report Template
*These will be created if they don't already exist in the system
You can date scope these changes by either providing
Update Start Date and
Update End Date in the UI when uploading the csv OR by providing the
update_end_date columns on the csv which lets you set a separate date for each row.
If the start date is not provided the update will be performed from the company start date, and if the end date is not provided the update will continue until the end of time. If neither are provided then the update will replace the history of that job with the new values.
Ending a job
There are three columns related to the end of a job in the import,
company_end_date. These columns can result in a bunch of different actions being generated:
- If you are providing the columns for a job that is not finalised yet it will generate an action to finalise the end date of the job.
- If the job is already ended you can update the end date of a job or change the turnover details.
- If you just provide
company_end_datefor an ended job and it is blank it will cancel the end date of the job.