The new Bulk Data Import Tool allows you to quickly and easily upload bulk data to your employees' intelliHR profiles.
To use the Bulk Data People Update tool, you must provide People ID details for the
person_lookup column which will be used to match what is provided to a person in intelliHR.
The import will work with just this column, but no actions will be generated unless you provide other columns with the actual updates to perform.
Do not include any additional columns that you do not want to have data overwritten.
This article covers:
What can be Performed?
Update Person lets you perform all of the actions you are able to do on the person profile tab but in bulk. These actions can be broken down into the following categories:
1. Altering personal information
2. Updating custom fields
3. Editing contact details and addresses.
Attributes that can be Edited
The following attributes can be updated on a person's profile:
- First Name*
- Middle Name*
- Last Name
- Preferred Name*
- Employee No.*
- Date of Birth*
- Address (Home or Postal)*
- Email address
- Phone number*
- Work Rights*
- Custom Fields*
- Emergency Contact Details*
- Medical Conditions*
*These will be created if they don't already exist in the system
How to Use the Bulk Data Tool
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Under Platform click on Bulk Data Tool
3. To start a new import click Start an Import
4. Name your import with the details of data being inputted.
5. Press Upload
6. Select Upload Type (Update People)
7. Complete all required field and upload the relevant CSV file.
8. Click Next >> Save
9. Begin import by selecting Start Processing.
Once your import has successfully completed you will see the screen shown below.