We've chosen to use Zapier as a tool to connect intelliHR with the other systems in your business. The below article is designed to walk you through setting up a Zapier account (free trials are a good way to test the waters) and how to begin connecting intelli with the rest of your tech landscape.
**You already have an intelliHR account but to integrate with intelli you will also need to create a Zapier account (this is free to create).
This article covers:
- Creating a Zapier Account
- How to Connect your intelliHR Platform (account) to Zapier
- How to Create an API Key to Authorise Zapier
- Where do I go for Support?
- Zapier Glossary
Creating a Zapier Account
To create a Zapier account, follow these simple steps.
1. Visit the Zapier website (click here to access the sign-up page)
2. You will then be prompted to provide an email address, first name and last name. You will also need to create a password for your account.
3. Click on Get Started Free to create a free account with a 14-day trial period of premium features & apps.
4. The next page will get you to set a password for your account, make sure you store this somewhere safe and secured.
5. After creating the account, you will be taken through a few introductory steps such as:
- Your role
- Select what apps you currently use from a list of all available apps on Zapier
6. Congratulations! You now have a free account with Zapier. Explore their site's various areas or dive right into creating a Zap with intelliHR and your other apps (link to zap workflows article).
How to Connect your intelliHR Platform (account) to Zapier
To begin the set-up of the zap, you will need to connect your intelliHR platform to Zapier.
1. Click "Choose an account"
2. Select your intelliHR platform from the drop-down list and click "Continue"
If your intelliHR platform does not appear in the drop-down list, follow the below steps:
1. Click "Connect New Account"
2. You will then be prompted to enter in an API Key and your platform name.
3. Click "Yes, Continue"
4. Your platform will now be available to select in the drop-down list.
How to Create an API Key to Authorise Zapier
1. Create an Access key within your own intelliHR platform by navigating to Settings and into Public API Access Keys. From here you can click on Create Access Key.
2. Provide a name (for reference) and click on Create Access Key.
Where do I go for Support?
If you are an existing customer setting up this integration, please be aware that integrations are supported by Zapier. But since you are part of our #intellifam, contact your CSM for some advice about what you are trying to achieve with Zapier + intelliHR.
Zap - an automated workflow between your apps. For example, you may have a Zap that sends email notifications when a job attribute changes using Gmail. Zaps consist of at least two parts: a trigger and one or more actions.
Trigger - the event in an app that starts the Zap. Once you set up a Zap, Zapier will monitor the app for that event. For the New Job trigger example, the zap will only proceed whenever a new job is created within your intelliHR platform.
Action - the event that completes the Zap. For the New Job trigger example, the action can create a new user in another software (other software-dependent) or send an email (email app dependent) to someone to inform them, and many other options.