intelliHR allows you to automate all stages of the Employee Life Cycle. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to off-board an existing employee on your intelliHR platform.
How to Off-board an Existing Employee
1. Navigate to the relevant employee's profile and click on their Jobs tab.
2. Click on Job Actions (on the right-hand side of the screen) and click on Finalise Company End Date.
3. You will be then prompted to enter in the employee's final day of employment, the turnover type and turnover reason (the information provided here will pull through into your Attrition analytics page).
You will also have the option to automatically disable the employee's user account on their last day of employment.
By default Disable user account when the job ends will be ticked; this indicates that on the job end date the user account will also be disabled preventing any individuals no longer employed by the business from accessing the platform. This option will only appear if the employee ending their employment has a user account.
4. Once you have clicked Finalise Company End Date, you will have the option to Schedule or Skip the relevant workflow. By default the "Leaving the Business" will workflow will display. You can amend the dates, forms sent and recipients if necessary.
5. You will then be prompted to Reassign Direct Reports at the end of the process. It is good practice to reassign the reports at this time so that this step is not missed, and employees are not left without a current supervisor. You can:
- Use the 'Reassign All To' to assign all direct reports to the same supervisor, or
- Individually reassign the reports to different supervisors.