intelliHR allows you to automate all stages of the Employee Life Cycle. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to update an existing employee's job record on your intelliHR platform.
To Update an Employee's Job
1. Navigate to the relevant employee's profile and click on their Jobs tab.
2. Click on Update Job.
3. Enter the Effective From date for when this update will take place (this can either be a date in the past or future). You will also have the option to set an Effective To date if the update is only for a set period of time.
4. Select which attributes of the job are to be updated (i.e. Supervisor, Remuneration, Position Title, Business Unit, etc). You can select multiple attributes to be updated.
5. Click Next.
6. Enter in the new information and click Next. You will then be prompted to review and confirm the changes made.
7. Once you have clicked Confirm, you will have the option to Schedule or Skip the relevant workflow. By default the "Changing Job" will workflow will display. You can amend the dates, forms sent and recipients if necessary.
8. You will be asked if you wish to Reassign the Direct Reports; if not, select Skip.
9. On the employee's Jobs tab, the current job information will be updated. If the change is due to occur in the future a triangular icon will appear next to that attribute and will inform the user a future change will occur.
This action ensures the information that was previously correct is maintained and new information is added. If you choose to select Job Actions >>Edit History you will simply change the record and lose the previous information regarding the job.