Employees can create their goals by navigating to the Goals tile on the Dashboard, via the Quick Create Menu or via the Goals tab on their profile. If you are a supervisor, you can also add goals for your employees through the Goals tab of their Profile.
This article covers:
Creating a Goal
1. Navigate to the Dashboard >> click on the My Active Goals tile (OR via Quick Create Menu OR Navigate to your Profile >> Goals)
2. Click New Goal
3. Select Choose Alignment if you would like to align your goal to the organisation objectives, or a goal that has been shared with you by one of your colleagues. (Optional)
4. Enter the name(s) of the people you wish to share your goal with so that others can align their goals to your goal in the field below. (Optional)
5. Enter a Goal Template if appropriate; for example, the People team may have created goal templates to assist with career progression that can be selected in order for you to demonstrate your progress.
6. Select the relevant Category.
7. Enter in the Start and Due Dates for this Goal.
8. You will then be prompted to enter a Goal Name and Description (links to external sites can be added to the description).
9. In Goal Measurements. You will then have the option to choose the 'type' of measurement. There are two types of measurements that can be added to a goal:
- Target: You will need to input the Target Quantity and the Unit of Measure. The target quantity must be a positive number. i.e. 50 Customer Inquiries Called.
- Add Action Item and complete the description of the Action. i.e. Develop onboarding training manual.
10. Add the Weight of the Goal (if enabled in your platform).
11. Select Create Goal to save the Goal.
To Edit a Goal
If any elements of a Goal need to be changed after it has been set, employees and managers can edit them from the Goal Display Page, or from the summary of goals (either on the Goals tab or the Dashboard).
1. Navigate to Dashboard >> My Goals (OR Navigate to My Profile >> Goals)
2. Select the relevant goal and click Edit Goal (click on the three dots on the right-hand side).
3. Update the relevant Goal field(s).
4. Save the Goal.
- If the Goal Owner is making the change, their manager will receive a notification requesting them to approve the change
- If the manager made the change, it will automatically be approved, and the Goal Owner will be notified.