Over time qualification requirements often change for businesses, intelliHR gives you the tools to ensure compliance is maintained. This article will step you through all you need to know to keep your Qualifications up to date as requirements change in your organization.
This article covers:
Creating Qualification Types
All Qualifications in the system can be categorised into Qualification Types, such as Licence, Membership, Certificate. This can be used for the organisation of Library Items and reporting on Qualifications and Compliance.
To make a new qualification type:
1. Navigate to Settings >> Qualification Types.
2. Select Create Qualification Type.
3. Enter the name of the new Qualification Type.
4. Select Create Qualification Type.
Creating Qualification Library Items
All mandatory qualifications for your organization are defined as items in Qualification Library Items. You can assign library items to individuals or groups as mandatory qualifications and any affected employees will receive notifications alerting them of their records.
To create a qualification library item:
1. Navigate to Settings >> Qualification Library Item.
2. Click Create Library Item.
3. Fill in the fields as required:
- Name: the name that will be displayed in the system to identify each qualification on the compliance page and employee profiles.
- Qualification Type: categorises your qualifications based on business requirements. Qualification types can be created or edited under Settings. To add qualification types see above.
- Expiry Visibility: Dictates whether the expiry date will be a required field when an employee adds details to a mandatory qualification. For compliance purposes, expiry dates are important for licenses and registrations.
- Registration Number Visibility: Dictates whether a registration number will be a required field when an employee adds details to a mandatory qualification.
- Upcoming Expiry Warning Period: programs a notification to be sent to the employee when their mandatory qualification is approaching expiration.
- Attachment Requirement: dictates if at least one attachment (e.g. electronic copy of a license/certificate) is required before the qualification is submitted.
3. Select Create.
Creating Job Requirement Groups
Often to work in a specific role or at a particular location in an organization, a combination of qualifications may be required. You can combine qualifications into a requirement group to ensure the employee has all the relevant qualifications to work in a particular role/location.
1. Navigate to Settings >> Job Requirement Groups.
2. Create Group
3. Enter the Group Name
4. Select Add Qualification and select one of the qualifications that is required as part of this group.
5. Repeat Step 4 to include each qualification that forms part of the group.