A wide range of fields are supported in the platform to help you gather the information you need. You can customise your form designs by adding fields as required.
This article covers:
To Add a Field to a Form Design
1. Navigate to Automation >> Form Designs
2. Click Edit on the Form Design that you would like to add a field to.
3. Click Add Field. You will then be prompted to select a field type (please see the table below for information on each field type).
What fields can I add to a Form Design?
When you add a new field, you will have the option to customise a number of details. These will depend on the type of field selected. Common details include:
- Label–the question you need answered. It appears beside the field and should make it clear to the person completing the form exactly what information is required. Most fields require a label.
- Size – determines how large the label will be. It’s a good idea to maintain consistency, unless you want something to really stand out.
- Options – the list of answers the submitter may choose from. Radio Groups, Ratings and Checkboxes all require a list of options.
- Required – ticking this box makes the field a required one. The form cannot be submitted if required fields are not completed.
6. Complete the required details to customise the field (this will depend on the field type selected).
7. Select Save at the bottom of the page.
8. Your new field will appear at the bottom of the list. To move it, drag the field up or down.
9. If you require a duplicate field, simply click Duplicate on the right-hand side of the field name.
10. Preview your form at any time by clicking Preview Form at the top of the editing page.