The Organisation Chart provides a useful visual display of your business's organisational units allowing you to easily find supervisors or employees within specific teams. The Business Unit and Direct Report view share a number of common navigation actions, helping you to access the information you need easily.
You can also easily share the Organisation Chart (if you have the relevant permissions to do so) by clicking 'share'.
This article covers:
How to Access the Organisation Chart
1. Navigate to Org Chart from the side bar.
2. Find Yourself: when you arrive on the page, the view will always default to your name or business unit at the centre.
- This box will also be highlighted in purple.
- Your direct reports/reporting units are expanded (if relevant).
- To re-centre, click the Target button at the top left of the Org Chart (see picture below).
3. Zoom and Pan:
- To move to view another part of the Org chart, click and drag until your desired people/business units are visible.
- To zoom in or out, use the scroll button on your mouse, or the +/- buttons at the top left of the Org Chart.
4. Search for a Person/Business Unit: At the top of the page, type the name of the person/business unit into the search bar and click the magnifying glass icon.
- The chart will expand to display all matching results.
- These results will be highlighted in blue.
5. Expand/Contract reporting lines:
- Expand or Contract individual reporting lines by clicking the arrow at the side of the desired person/business unit.
- Expand or Contract all reporting lines at once by clicking the two arrow buttons at the top left of the Org Chart.
6. View an employee's profile:
- In Business Unit view - click on the business unit you wish to view. A window will pop up with all employees in that unit. You can click on an employee's name to be directed to their profile.
- In Direct Reports view - Find the employee you are looking for. Double click their name and a window will pop up in the top-right of the screen. This gives a summary of employee information. You can click on the View Profile button to be directed to their profile.
How to Share the Organisation Chart
1. Navigate to the Organisation Chart.
2. Click on the Share icon to the top right of the chart.
3. Copy the URL.
4. You will then be able to send this link via email, embed in a form or put it on your internal site.