The intelliHR platform provides great flexibility over the permissions that can be assigned to employees. On the most basic level everything an employee can see or do on the platform is controlled by a permission that is assigned to their user account. However, with over 340 different permissions affecting what employees can see, do, or access in the platform, the system streamlines management of these permissions through Permission Groups. All Permissions and Groups can be found in the Permissions area of the platform. The article below is an explanation of the difference between the permissions and permission groups. To learn more about assigning permissions to employees see: Managing User Accounts.
This article covers:
- How to View Permissions and Permission Groups
- How to Create a Permission Group
- How to Edit a Permission Group
How to View Permissions and Permission Groups
1. Navigate to Settings >> Permissions, you will see two sections:
- Permissions – This is a list of all the individual permissions that can be assigned to employees. For a more in depth review of permission types please click here to be taken directly to the relevant article.
- Groups – These are pre-loaded Permission Groups that have been created for you to quickly assign to users on the platform who hold different responsibilities such as Staff Member, HR Manager and System Administrator. The groups are a combination of individual permissions and can be customised to suit your needs. Once you are confident with permissions and groups you can also create and edit new groups.
When a Permission Group is assigned to a User Account, that user will gain every permission in that group. Multiple Permission Groups can be assigned concurrently to a single user account. Typically, most employees will only need Staff Member access. However, you may also have a Training Record Keeper permission group that provides access to the Training tab of all employees to allow access to the training history of all employees. This permission group could also be assigned to the employee - layering their access so they can view everything that is relevant to their role.
How to Create a Permission Group
1. Navigate to Settings >> Permissions.
2. Select + Create Group.
3. Enter the desired name for the Permission Group and click Create Group.
How to Edit a Permission Group
1. Select the Permission Group you wish to add Permissions to.
2. Click Edit
3. Go through and Allow or Deny access for the Permission Group.
4. Click Save to save your selection.