Performance Metrics and the Performance Metric Groups they sit within form the framework for measuring performance against set criteria specific for your organization. With the new update to performance reports, you can now configure multiple job-specific spider charts and performance report tailored to suit your business needs. This article will explain how to create your own Performance Metrics Groups to measure performance in your organization. To find out more about what performance metrics are and how they tie to other areas of the intelliHR platform, check out this article.
This article covers:
How to Create a Performance Metric Group
1. Navigate to Settings > Performance Metric Groups.
2. Click Create Metric Group.
3. Add a Name for the group (remember to be clear when naming, as this will assist you later when building your performance report).
4. Click Add Metric to get started on building your performance spider chart!
5. Give the Metric a Name (this is the name of the performance area you are wanting to measure, for example you may wish to track 'Productivity').
6. Click Save and the shell for this metric will appear where you can begin adding subject, supervisor and peer responses.
7. When adding responses you will be able to select from either Form Library Items or individual Form Design Fields. Form response types for metric groups will be restricted to Rating and Radio Group fields.
- Form Library Items - if you select form responses using this method, the responses will be collected from all versions of all form designs that use these fields. To find out more about how to create Form Library Items click here.
- Form Design Fields - if you select form responses using this method, responses will only be collected from the current form design version. Responses from any past or future versions will not be included.
8. If using the Form Library Item option, select the relevant response(s) you would like to track for that Metric.
If using the Form Design Field option, select the Form Design and the relevant response(s) you would like to track for that Metric.
9. Save and repeat Steps 7 to 9 for the supervisor and peer response sections.
10. Repeat as Steps 5 to 9 for each metric you wish to include in this Performance Metric Group/Spider Chart.
As an example, we have created a metric to measure 'Productivity'. This metric gathers responses from employee self-assessments, leader's assessments and peer assessments. Please note all rating scales used in metrics must be the same to display correctly in Performance Reports. To find out more about rating scales check out this article.
How to Set Analytics Default Performance Metric Group
With the new Performance Report structure you will be able to have multiple metric groups in a performance report at a time. Any of the Performance Metric Groups can be added to your Performance Report Templates. This being said, only one performance metric group marked as Analytics Default will display on the Business Performance analytics page.
To set a group as the Analytics Default, click on the three dots next to the group name and select 'Set as Default' from the dropdown menu.