The Performance Report section available to both employees and managers on the system is an extremely useful tool designed to help you streamline your processes, cut down on the time spent searching through old paper files and provide all relevant information to both the employee and the manager at the time of performance reviews. The Performance Report Templates are highly customisable and allow you to collate data from many different areas of the system including Goals, Diary Notes and Forms to suit different areas within your business, as well as controlling the visibility of each component of the report.
The following article will take you through how you can build Performance Report Templates to suit your business needs.
This article covers:
- How to Create a Performance Report Template
- How to Add Form Responses to a Performance Report Template
How to Create a Performance Report Template
1. Navigate to Settings > Performance Report Templates.
2. Click Create Report Template.
3. Add a Name for the report template (remember to be clear when naming, as this will be visible to employees).
4. Select the default Report Period (this can be changed within individual reports, if required).
5. Click Next to get started on building your performance report!
6. To begin building your report, start by clicking Add Report Section.
7. Select the Section Type you wish to add to the report. To learn more about what each section type includes check out this article.
Section Type options are:
- Metric Radar (Spider Chart) - see this article to learn more about creating performance metrics to create these charts. See below in this article for details on adding specific charts.
- Metrics Over Time
- Form Responses - see below to learn more about adding form responses to this section type.
- Diary Notes
- Performance Improvement
- Direct Reports
8. Give the section a Name
9. Choose the Visibility level, please note this can be edited at a later time if required.
- All Views - sections with this visibility level can be seen by all View Types when accessing the performance report.
- Supervisor View Only - sections with this visibility level can only be seen when accessing the performance report via the Supervisor View type.
- Hidden - sections with this visibility level will not be seen on the performance report.
10. Complete any additional information required (e.g. select Performance Metric Group to display).
11. Repeat as Steps 6 to 10 for each section you wish to include in this Performance Report Template.
12. Once you have added all the sections your require, press Create.
Note: You can add as many or as few sections as you would like to your report, you can also add multiple of each section type if you wish.
How to Add Form Responses to Performance Report Templates
Once you have added a Form Response section in your Performance Report you will be able to begin adding in form responses to fill out your report.
You have the option to add form responses directly into the section or you can separate responses using Form Response Groups, these act as headers within the section if you prefer this style.
In addition to selecting the visibility when creating the Form Response section (Step 9), you do also have the option to anonymise responses from supervisors and peers.
Form response types must be either:
- A Form Field in a Form Design
- Or a Form Library Item (the metric will find answers from ALL of the forms that use that form library item).
Once you have added all responses for the section or Response Group click Save.