The Goals feature on intelliHR has been developed to facilitate SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Bound) goal setting. Goal measurements are a critical component when creating goals as they allow users to break down their goals into milestones that can be achieved along the way. Employees can create Goals Measurements within Goals, via the Goals tab on their profile. If you are a supervisor, you can also add Goals with specific Measurements for your employees through the Goals tab of their Profile.
This article covers:
Goals include the ability to Add Measurement. You will see the option to choose the 'type' of measurement. There are two types of measurements that can be added to a goal: Target (e.g. 5 support tickets solved per day) or Actions (e.g. Read 'A brief History of Everything')
Action Measurement Capabilities
- Action: Add Action Item and complete the description of the Action. i.e. Develop onboarding training manual.
- Add a description of the Action. i.e. Attend a communication workshop.
- Once created clicking anywhere on an action card will tick or untick the action.
Target Measurement Capabilities
- Target: These are numerical targets and each target must contain a:
- Name - the unit of measure/thing you wish to measure against a value
- Starting Value - The number at which you will start (most often this will be 0 but the starting value can be higher than the target value if this should be a decreasing target)
- Target Value - The numerical value you wish to achieve at the termination of that part of the goal.
Examples of Target Measurements
intelliHR provides the option for users to create both increasing and decreasing goal measurement targets. The examples below are designed to show how these could be used.
Increasing Target Measurement
- Example 1: Target is to generate 25 new leads per quarter
- Example 2: Target is to increase the company NPS to 30 from the current negative score of -10
Decreasing Target Measurement
- Reduce the number of complaints received regarding customer service
Recording Progress towards your target Measurements
To edit the progress against target goals click on the target to edit and amend the current number to reflect your progress towards the numerical target