The intelliHR bulk data tool is designed to allow administrators to import and export data from intelliHR quickly and easily with minimal assistance from the intelliHR support team. Extensive guides can be accessed within the bulk data tool pages; however, the article below is designed to provide you with a selection of frequently asked questions regarding the tool.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the most efficient way for me to prepare my data to import into intelliHR?
- Can I export data from my payroll system and import this directly into intelliHR?
- Can I bulk import into Custom Fields?
What is the most efficient way for me to prepare my data to import into intelliHR?
This will depend on the outcome you wish to achieve by using the bulk data tool.
It is important to understand that using the bulk data tool to create people or jobs will add data to your intelliHR platform; however, using the bulk data tool to update people and job data will overwrite existing data with the data you bulk import.
- If you wish to Create People or Create Jobs the most efficient way to do this is by selecting Start an Import, and then Upload in the top-right of this page.
- You will choose one of the Create functions and be presented with the following image:
- Click on the Help Guide to access the in-app help guides.
- Within this area, there is a Download Example that should be used for you to enter the data you will be using to create the people or jobs on the platform.
- Read the Supported Column section in this area to ensure you have provided data for any fields that are required. Additional information about the format of each field is also provided in this area.
- If you wish to update existing data such as people, jobs, remuneration or location data in the intelliHR system, the most efficient first step is to navigate to the Bulk Data Tool and select Export.
- You will choose the Export Type that is relevant to the data you want to update (e.g. Job Remuneration Data if you are updating employee remuneration records)
- The export provided will, by default, contain all of the fields that need to be present for you to import this data back into the platform to overwrite your current data with the updates you wish to make.
By first exporting your current data when conducting bulk updates you will save time by not having to re-add the existing data or remove blank columns.
Can I export data from my payroll system and import this directly into intelliHR?
No, intelliHR will require the data presented, such as date fields, to be in a certain format. Therefore, download examples are provided within the bulk data tool that can be completed with the data exported from your payroll system.
Can I bulk import into Custom Fields?
Yes, you can. Any custom fields in the intelliHR platform will appear in both the download examples when creating/adding new people. All exports from the bulk data tool will also include columns for custom fields that are specific to your business and version of intelliHR. However, columns for these custom fields should automatically appear on the download example and export in the bulk data area. You are not able to add a column for custom fields to your import without first creating it on your intelliHR platform.