PandaDoc is an e-signing platform that helps enable your fast-moving teams with a simple, sophisticated all-in-one solution to easily manage the creation, editing, and signing of documents. IntelliHR has designed a custom integration layer that is accessible to set up by any users of both PandaDoc and intelliHR.
The below article is designed to walk through setting up a connection to generate a new contract or contract variation via PandaDoc when a request is made via a Form Design in intelliHR.
This article covers:
- What will the integration do?
- Step-by-step process on using the integration.
- Set up and integration connection.
- Video demonstration
What will it do?
✅ This integration allows contract offer making/variations to be automated from the intelliHR form design feature.
✅ It allows users to complete an intelliHR form design which will then automatically create a document in PandaDoc, and move this document through a multi-step signing approval process before reaching the candidate/employee for signature.
✅ Once a document is completed and signed by all parties in PandaDoc, updates can be sent back to intelliHR such as creating a person and job, or updating a job.
✅ This integration also supports the automatic upload of the completed PandaDoc contract into intelliHR.
How to utilise the integration
1. Complete a Form Design in intelliHR to Generate a PandaDoc Document.
This is the initial trigger point of the integration. A document is automatically created from a template in PandaDocs when the specified form design is completed in intelliHR. The video demonstration, as well as the screenshots below shows a great example of what one of these forms designs could look like and what data fields can be pushed from the completed form design into the PandaDoc contract.
Essentially, there is no limit to what fields can be mapped across as the intelliHR form design can hold an unlimited amount of data fields, and these simply need to be matched across to a "merge field" on the PandaDoc document template. For more information on creating and setting up form designs, click here.
A good option is to house this intelliHR form design behind a self-service dashboard tile and make this dashboard tile available to any users within the intelliHR system that need to request new contracts or contract variations. For more information on setting up dashboard tiles, click here.
2. Manage the document via PandaDoc through to completion
This step specifically pertains to the complete process of having the generated document approved and signed by the parties required. This is all set up via the PandaDoc platform. As soon as the document is completed (i.e. all approvals and signatures have been made), the process will move into step 3.
3. Push of data from PandaDoc document to intelliHR
Whether it's a new or existing employee concerned, the data contained within the PandaDoc document (initially originating from the intelliHR form design) can be configured to automatically push back into intelliHR. The appropriate actions the integration takes at this point are as follows.
For New Employees:
- Creating a new employee record in intelliHR
- Creating a new job record in intelliHR
- Upload of their new employment contract into their documents tab
For Existing Employees:
- Updating an existing job record in intelliHR
- Upload of their employment contract variation into their documents tab
Set-up & Connection Requirements
Steps required to connect the integration and the costs associated are quoted on a case-by-case basis as this integration is facilitated by an intelliHR custom integration layer.
intelliHR will provide a quote that factors in some of the following activities to ensure that the integration is sustainable for each client.
- Authentication Testing: Requires the client to retrieve an API key from within PandaDoc admin settings and confirmation of tenant region.
- Field Mapping: As per the sections above; ensuring all fields are mapped correctly between intelliHR form design, the PandaDoc contract and the intelliHR person/job records.
- Pre-Deployment & Post-Deployment Consultations: This includes testing the integration with the client to identify use cases and field mapping requirements.
- Deployment: The end-to-end building of the complete integration/automation process.
- Housing & Maintenance: Which party will be hosting the integration (intelliHR vs. Client)? What effort will be required to troubleshoot and maintain the integration long-term?
Check out the video below for a real-time demonstration of the integration in action.