Greenhouse is an applicant tracking system (ATS) that aggregates and manages applicants from different sources. Whether you need to scale your team quickly or improve your hiring process, Greenhouse gives you the right technology, know-how and support to take on what’s next.
IntelliHR has designed a custom integration layer that is accessible to set up by any users of both Greenhouse and intelliHR. This article explains how the integration works, what data can be transmitted from Greenhouse to intelliHR and how to get the setup underway.
This article covers:
What will the integration do?
✅ This integration takes new hires from Greenhouse and creates a new person and job record in intelliHR; thus eliminating doubling handling of employee data.
✅ This integration improves engagement for job applicants and employees & delivers a consistent, paperless onboarding experience.
✅ This integration allows you to Set & Forget! You'll never have to worry about forgetting or delays to creating employee records in intelliHR after the point of hire. It'll be entirely automated!
- Applicant documents are not automatically uploaded to the document tab in intelliHR at this time.
- The integration does not currently automatically trigger onboarding workflows within intelliHR.
The below table showcase the built-in fields within Greenhouse that can be used to transmit data to intelliHR.
|Primary Email Address
|Primary Phone Number
|Internal Job Name
|Company Start Date
The trigger point for the data being transmitted to intelliHR is upon the use of the Mark Candidate as Hired button in Greenhouse.
Greenhouse Custom Fields
With this custom layered integration, there is the opportunity to build in additional fields into the Greenhouse candidate record, job record and offer form to allow for more data to be pushed across from Greenhouse to intelliHR. The more fields there are that need to be pushed, the more set up required and further costs absorbed. The below table exhibits some example additional fields that can be considered within Greenhouse. Written beside is the field that would theoretically consume the data in intelliHR.
|Greenhouse Custom Field
|Related intelliHR Field
|Work Type, Work Class
|Base Annual Salary / Base Hourly Rate
|Supervisor Email Address
|Hours Per Fortnight/Week
Connection & Set-up Costs
Steps required to connect the integration and the costs associated are quoted on a case-by-case basis as this integration is facilitated by intelliHR on our custom integration layer.
intelliHR will provide a quote that factors in some of the following activities to ensure that the integration is sustainable for each client.
- Authentication Testing: Requires the client to retrieve an API key from within Greenhouse admin settings and confirmation of tenant region.
- Field Mapping: As per the section above; ensuring all fields are mapped correctly between intelliHR and Greenhouse.
- Pre-Deployment & Post-Deployment Consultations: This includes testing the integration with the client to identify use cases and field mapping requirements.
- Deployment: The end-to-end building of the complete integration/automation process.
- Housing & Maintenance: Which party will be hosting the integration (intelliHR vs. Client)? What effort will be required to troubleshoot and maintain the integration long-term?
Check out the below video for a demonstration of what the integration can do in realtime.