MicrOpay, a member of the Access Group, has been helping Australian businesses deliver accurate and compliant payroll for over 35 years. MicrOpay customers have access to all their payroll needs including Australian-based support, outsourcing, recruitment, training and consulting.
intelliHR has built a custom integration layer that is available for users of MicrOpay. The integration will create a new user in MicrOpay when a new hire (person & job record) is created in intelliHR, as well as perform updates to employee and job information.
This article covers:
- What the integration will do
- What data can be mapped from intelliHR to MicrOpay?
- Additional Requirements
- Connection & Set-up Costs
What will it do?
✅ When a new job (new hire) is created in intelliHR, a new employee is added in MicrOpay in the “New Employee” wizard, allowing payroll to validate fields before adding the new starter into payroll.
✅ When a job is updated in intelliHR, the employee's job information is updated in MicrOpay (pending payroll approval of change).
✅ When a person is updated in intelliHR, the employee's personal information is updated in MicrOpay (pending payroll approval of change).
✅ The integration can optionally include the adding and/or updating of bank details, tax information or superannuation from intelliHR to MicrOpay (pending payroll approval of change).
✅ The integration can optionally support the termination of staff members in MicrOpay (pending payroll approval of change) when a job is ended in intelliHR.
- The integration won't handle rehires. This needs to be resolved via business process (i.e. manually or other workaround).
- Updates to employees in MicrOpay will not flow back to the person or job record in intelliHR.
- Payslips will not currently be pushed back to intelliHR and added to the documents tab. This is scheduled for future enhancement.
Flow of Events
1. A HR administrator will create a new employee and new job in intelliHR upon the hiring of a new staff member. (Alternatively, a connected ATS system will pass through the new candidate details into intelliHR and create a new person and job in intelliHR in the process).
2. The integration will find all of the necessary and included person and job fields in intelliHR (stipulated in the Data Mapping section) and send the values of these fields to the connected MicrOpay environment.
3. MicrOpay will consume the fields sent across and store the values in a "New Employee Wizard", ready to be reviewed and approved by a Payroll administrator within MicrOpay. Once approved, the new user will be created in MicrOpay.
4. The integration will continue to "listen" for updates to any of the fields stipulated below in the Data Mapping section. If it hears a change in intelliHR it will consume the new data value and place it into the according MicrOpay field, also subject a review and approval first by a Payroll administrator within MicrOpay.
5. The integration will also continue to "listen" for any jobs being ended in intelliHR. If it picks up this trigger, it will send an approval request to the Payroll Administrator in MicrOpay and once approved will terminate the associated user in MicrOpay.
Below is a list of employee (from the intelliHR profile tab) fields that can be mapped across from intelliHR to MicrOpay. Where "Custom Field" is stipulated as the intelliHR field, a custom field will need to be created within intelliHR. For more information on how to do this; refer to our Custom Field article.
|intelliHR Field||Access MicrOpay Field|
|Employee Number||Employee Code|
|First Name||First Name|
|Middle Name||Middle Name|
|Preferred Name||Preferred Name|
|Custom Field||Marital Status|
|Date of Birth||Date of Birth|
|Primary Email Address||Default Email|
|Primary Phone Number||Telephone 1|
|Type (Home, Postal)||Type (Home, Postal)|
Below is a list of job & remuneration (from the intelliHR job tab) fields that can be mapped across from intelliHR to MicrOpay.
|intelliHR Field||Access MicrOpay Field||Access MicrOpay Screen|
|Company Start Date||Effective Date / Hired Date||Employee Profile|
|Company End Date||Termination Date|
|Turnover Reason||Termination Reason|
|Business Entity||Payroll Company|
|Pay Cycle||Pay Frequency|
|Pay Grade||Pay Point / Job Classification|
Custom Field or Form Design Field
|HECS||Employee Detail View|
|Is Australian Resident|
|Is Working Holiday Maker|
|Base Annual Salary||Yearly Salary|
|Base Hourly Rate||Normal Rate|
|Employment Condition||Pay Class|
Custom Field or Form Design Field
|BSB Code, Account Number, Account Name||Employee Bank View|
|Fund Code||Employee Superannuation View|
|Is Primary Contribution|
|Base Annual Salary||Salary for Super|
|Addition to Base or Addition to Total||Contribution Amount|
Access Needed to make Approvals
For new starters being pushed through from intelliHR to MicrOpay, payroll needs to access: Payroll > Maintenance > Employees > New Employees to review and approve the onboarding information and add the new starter into payroll.
For every change made to an employee's job or profile in intelliHR, payroll needs access: Payroll > Maintenance > Employees > Implement HR Changes to approve the changes.
Alignment of Required Fields
We recommend storing exact matches for the below fields (i.e. case sensitive, syntax). All fields need to be unique even if they are children. For example, if you have a Business Unit called “Customer Success” that reports to “APAC” and a Business Unit called “Customer Success” that reports to “UK”; MicrOpay will be unable to target a single object. Instead, fields should be unique, e.g. “Customer Success APAC” and “Customer Success UK”:
- Pay Frequency: should be matched to options available in intelliHR.
- Payroll Company: should be matched to Business Entities in intelliHR.
- Location: should be matched to Location or Business Unit in intelliHR.
- Pay Class: should be matched to Pay Grade or Employment Condition in intelliHR.
- Job Classification: should be matched to Pay Grade or Employment Condition in intelliHR.
MicrOpay’s API is not accessible by default and must be purchased. This will be required to facilitate any level of integration with the intelliHR system
Connection & Set-up Costs
Steps required to connect the integration and the costs associated are quoted on a case-by-case basis as this integration is facilitated by an intelliHR custom integration layer.
intelliHR will provide a quote that factors in some of the following activities to ensure that the integration is sustainable for each client.
- Authentication Testing: Requires the client to retrieve an API key from within MicrOpay admin settings and confirmation of tenant region.
- Field Mapping: As per the section above; ensuring all fields are mapped correctly between intelliHR and MicrOpay.
- Pre-Deployment & Post-Deployment Consultations: This includes testing the integration with the client to identify use cases and field mapping requirements.
- Deployment: The end-to-end building of the complete integration/automation process.
- Housing & Maintenance: Which party will be hosting the integration (intelliHR vs. Client)? What effort will be required to troubleshoot and maintain the integration long-term?