CloudPayroll, launched in 2011, was developed and designed specifically for Australian businesses. CloudPayroll's parent company, iPayroll, launched in New Zealand in 2001 and across the group over 9,000 clients pay many hundreds of thousands of employees every month.
CloudPayroll makes it simple for payroll teams to run each pay and manage leave, tax and employee records, as well as for employees to view their payslips, pay history, tax summaries, and apply for leave using the Employee Kiosk.
intelliHR has built a custom integration layer that is available for users of both iPayroll & CloudPayroll. This remainder of this article pertains only to CloudPayroll. To check out the CloudPayroll integration, click here.
This article covers:
- What the integration will do
- What data can be mapped from intelliHR to iPayroll?
- Connection & Set-up Costs
What will it do?
✅ When a new job (new hire) is created in intelliHR, a new employee is created in CloudPayroll.
✅ Through the use of custom fields, various bank, tax and payment information can be automated across to the user's record in CloudPayroll.
✅ When a job or person field is updated in intelliHR (from the included fields outlined in the Data Mapping section below), the associated user in CloudPayroll will be updated accordingly with the new information.
⚠️ Note: iPayroll requires a number of fields that need to be added to an intelliHR tenant via custom fields.
- The integration currently doesn't handle rehires. This needs to be resolved via business process (i.e. manually or other workaround).
- When a job is ended in intelliHR, termination of the associated user does NOT occur in the connected payroll platform. This is simply because payroll termination processes differ significantly to intelliHR's termination process.
- No remuneration information (rates, salary etc.) can be sent to CloudPayroll at this point in time.
Below is a list of employee (from the intelliHR profile tab) fields that can be mapped across from intelliHR to CloudPayroll. CloudPayroll requires a number of fields that need to be added to an intelliHR tenant via person custom fields. Click here to learn more about using and adding custom fields in intelliHR.
|intelliHR Field||CloudPayroll Field|
|First Name||First Names|
|Company Start Date||Start Date|
|Date of Birth||Birth Date|
|Primary Email Address|
|Street||Address Line 1|
|Primary Phone Number||Phone|
|Person Custom Fields||Residence Type|
|Bank Account Number|
|Tax Free Threshold|
Below is a list of job & remuneration fields that can be mapped across from intelliHR to CloudPayroll.
|intelliHR Field||CloudPayroll Field|
|Hours Per Cycle||Full Time Hours per Week|
|Company End Date||Finish Date|
|Termination Reason||Termination Reason|
|Pay Cycle||Pay Frequency|
It should also be known that the following field in CloudPayroll is affected as a result of the integration:
- User Defined Group: This is hard coded as DEFAULT to assert the lowest level permission in CloudPayroll possible to the new user.
Connection & Set-up Costs
Steps required to connect this integration and the costs associated are quoted on a case-by-case basis as this integration is facilitated by an intelliHR custom integration layer.
intelliHR will provide a quote that factors in the following activities to ensure that the integration is sustainable for each client.
- Authentication: Required the client to retrieve an API key from within their CloudPayroll environment and confirmation of their tenant region.
- Field Mapping: As per the Data Mapping section above, this includes ensuring all fields are mapped correctly between intelliHR and CloudPayroll.
- Pre-Deployment & Post-Deployment Consultations: This includes testing the integration with the client to identify use cases, field mapping requirements and validation requirements.
- Deployment: The end-to-end building of the complete integration or automation process.
- Housing & Maintenance: This varies depending on which party will be hosting the integration (intelliHR vs. Client). The level of effort required in ongoing troubleshooting and maintenance of the integration is also factored in.