The documents tab on a person's profile can be a very useful place to store documents pertaining to the individual. Throughout the employee lifecycle, the number of documents stored on an employee's profile will often increase. To ensure that those documents can be easily organized and stored in a way that provides the right level of access to everybody system administrators can create document folders that are available on the employee profile. This article will explain how, as an administrator, you can customize the folders and related permissions that are available on an employee's profile.
This article covers:
How to Create Folders on the Documents tab
1. Navigate to Settings >> All Settings >> Document Folders
2. Create Folder
3. Provide the Folder Name (the API name will be automatically created from your folder name)
4. Permissions related to the new document folder are automatically created
3. Select Next to complete the creation.
How to Provide Access to Specific Permission Groups
Once the Documents Folders have been created you will want to provide access for specific permission groups so that they have visibility and access to these folders. To do this follow the steps below.
1. Navigate to Settings >> Permissions
2. Select Edit next to the Permission Group you wish to provide access to
3. Search for the name of your Document folder
4. Check the access you wish this permission group to